Reporting to the Director of HSE (DHSE), the HSE Administratorassists with the administration of the Safety programs and systems in support of all Arrow businesses within the Arrow group of companies. The HSE Administrator plans, develops and evaluates existing Health and Safety programs, along with the DHSE and Senior HSE Coordinator (SHSEC), and is further responsible to assist divisions with the development of the safety program for new work sites, processes, developing worker training, evaluations and workplace inspections and audits. In addition, the HSE Administrator will work closely with DHSE to ensure third party contractor (ISNetworld, Avetta etc.) management status is maintained.
- Provide Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) advisory services to individual division staff to support the overall vision and goals of the corporate safety system.
- Work with the DHSE and SHSEC to develop education and training programs, tools and resources to assist divisions maintain their OHS programs.
- Perform work site safety compliance inspections and audits, including hazard identification and assessments, safe work procedures, JSA’s, written reports and recommendations in order to comply with federal, provincial, municipal, customer and industry standards and regulations.
- Direct and review the analysis of incident and injury data.
- Ensure all divisions maintain accurate and updated employee orientation and training records, incident record completion, inspections and related operational documents.
- Assist division staff in understanding their responsibility relating to risk mitigation, system compliance, audits, WCB, NSC and OSHA requirements.
- Assist divisions with development, training, communication and testing of their respective written plans dealing with emergency response, spill containment and reporting, first aid, fire suppression, etc.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct orientation and training programs for managers and field employees suitable to the division’s type of work activities.
- Research OHS information to assure the best available methods and equipment is available and adopted to minimize hazards in the workplace.
- Develop or modify and implement safety systems by inspecting or reviewing worksites, equipment, processes and other work activities.
- Review results from inspections and investigations and coordinate OHS activities with DHSE
- Liaise, lead and/or participate in industry forums, special teams and management as it relates to Arrow for the benefit of the workforce, the public and the company, as applicable.
- Support divisions by managing and updating third party subcontractor subscriptions such as ISNetworld, ComplyWorks, Avetta and Browz.
- Provide support to divisions by overseeing the contractor compliance review to third party carriers
- Perform other job duties as required or assigned.